There are several ways you can use Mozilla code in your own project.
- Mozilla provides a development platform for desktop applications, called XUL, atop which you can build applications.
- You can embed Gecko, the layout engine used by Firefox to process web pages, as a browser within your own application.
Building XUL applications
- The Joy of XUL
- An introduction to XUL; a must read for new developers.
- XUL Reference
- The complete reference to XUL.
- A Mozilla runtime package that can be used to bootstrap XUL and XPCOM applications with ease.
- Mozilla Toolkit
- Information about the Mozilla Toolkit API.
- Signing Mozilla apps for Mac OS X
- How to code-sign applications based on Mozilla code for Mac OS X's application security model.
Using Mozilla components
- The Netscape Portable Runtime provides a platform-neutral API for system level and libc-type functions.
- The Mozilla networking library provides cross-platform networking functionality.
For information on embedding a web browser into your own application see Embedding Mozilla.